Friday 9 January 2009

Christmas Day by Joe aged 8

Christmas Time by Joe age 8

I had a fantastic Christmas. I am going to tell you a little about how I celebrated Christmas with my family.

On Christmas Eve before I went to bed I left milk, carrots and a mince pie for Santa and his reindeers. I was very excited to see what Father Christmas would leave for me and my twin brother Max. That night we could hardly sleep!!!! When I woke up in the morning I bounced on my brother to wake him up and said “Wake up, it’s time to get up!!!” It was still too early to get up so my mum and dad said go back to sleep!!!

At 6.01am my mum and dad said we could get up as there was no chance I was going back to sleep! We all went down stairs to see what presents had been left from Santa. I couldn’t believe my eyes I got a Nintendo Wii, Rock band, a new football and lots of other things. I was very lucky!

After we had opened our presents, we went to visit my grandma. She had made Christmas Dinner for all the family, there were 8 of us in total. Grandma had made a traditional Christmas dinner (I don’t really like Christmas dinner though!). We had turkey, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce. For pudding we had Christmas pudding with brandy sauce or we could have cheese cake or chocolate cake. I enjoyed the chocolate cake!!! We pulled Christmas crackers at the table and we had to wear the party hats inside them and tell the jokes!

Later in the afternoon we went to the park and played football and in the evening we watched the Iron Man on TV.

I had a lovely day with my family.